AMERICAN CIVIL LIBERTIES UNION OF WEST VIRGINIA
About the ACLU of West Virginia
The American Civil Liberties Union of West Virginia, the state’s leading civil liberties and civil rights organization, seeks a full-time Executive Assistant. This position will primarily be supporting the work of the Executive Director and provide general office support.
The ACLU of West Virginia is a non-partisan, non-profit public interest organization dedicated to protecting and expanding civil liberties for all people in West Virginia. A major focus of our work is to extend the promise of the Bill of Rights to those groups who have traditionally been denied its protections. Given the current political environment in West Virginia, we believe that our mission is as relevant and important today as it has ever been.
The ACLU of West Virginia is an independent affiliate of the National ACLU and comprises two separate corporate entities, the ACLU of West Virginia and the ACLU of West Virginia Foundation. Both entities have the same overall mission, the same Board of Directors, and share office space and employees. The ACLU has two separate corporate entities in order to do a broad range of work to protect civil liberties. The ACLU of West Virginia Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation that primarily engages in litigation and public education. The ACLU of West Virginia is a 501(c)(4) non-profit corporation that primarily engages in lobbying.
- Assist the Executive Director with filing, keeping up with correspondence, and maintaining his calendar
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Help code, scan, submit and process accounts payable and accounts receivable to CPA firm
- Prior to quarterly Board of Director’s meetings copy, compile and mail meeting packets
- Attend quarterly Board meetings and take meeting minutes
- Other tasks assigned by the Executive Director
- Demonstrated experience in office reception and administrative tasks
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent telephone, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Comfortable with various office equipment, computers, the internet, and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Comfortable corresponding with and reaching out to vendors when needed for office operations
- Familiarity with QuickBooks strongly preferred
- Commitment to the mission of the ACLU
The starting salary is commensurate with experience and within the parameters of the ACLU-WV compensation scale and is expected to be between $42,000 - $46,000. Excellent benefits offered, including generous health insurance plan, life and long-term disability insurance, 401(k), generous sick, vacation, holiday leave and paid sabbatical. This is a confidential, non-bargaining unit position.
Submit a letter of interest, resume, and two professional references (identifying their relationship to you and including their email address and phone number). Email your application to email@example.com. Please include “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed starting on January 19, 2022 and will be accepted until the position is filled. The job announcement will remain posted on our website, www.acluwv.org, until the position is filled. When the position is filled, the announcement will be removed from the website.
The ACLU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages women, people of color, people with disabilities and LGBTQ people to apply. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU of West Virginia strongly encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, criminal history, and veteran status.